Found Broken links or inline spam? Please report abuse or stuff you fixed to Ragnar!
Note: this wiki is used and updated but the News articles are not... what other purposes can it be used for?
Sporadic News Articles
Verisign confirms the trend of increased DDOS capabilities, mainly on UDP traffic (like DNS & NTP). This in combination with an increase in Application Layer attacks, makes the continued trend, to target IT Services/SaaS solutions, an undeniable risk factor when considering out-/co-sourcing internal corporate services. Ref: ref.
Security: We think we are secure because we have network firewalls. However the most important task of a firewall is: to let traffic through. Therefore protecting the hosts and, most importantly, protecting the data should be your main concern!
Physics: 20120704. A new boson particle with a mass of 125.3 plus or minus 0.6 GeV. All channels combined, sensitivity is 4.9 sigma standard deviation. All results are consistent. In short LHC/CMS have discovered a new boson, and it behaves like the Standard Model Higgs - 99.9999% sure. LHC/ATLAS confirms, 5 sigma discovery at 126.5 GeV. Congratulations CMS & ATLAS, the "goddamn" Higgs-Boson particle has finally been found to confirm the unified view for basic laws of nature - this is a historic event for humanity! Surely Brian Cox will educate the masses (like me) regarding the importance of this finding.
Names to remember regarding the particle prediction dating back to 1964: Peter Higgs (Edinburgh University physicist), Tom Kibble (professor emeritus at Imperial College London) and last but not least François Englert and Robert Brout (both professor at the Free University of Brussels).
SAP and Teradata Punch Back at Oracle (Gartner:Terradata)
LXC Linux containers howto
A Better File System for Linux?
virtualization compare from a biassed vendor
Reboot like a racecar with kexec
Gaping hole opened in Internet's trust-based BGP protocol
Overview of recent changes
- SublimeText . . . December 28, 2016, at 10:44 AM by ?:
- DataPrivacy . . . October 12, 2016, at 10:15 AM by ?:
- TopExplore . . . October 01, 2016, at 04:35 AM by ?:
- MakeISO . . . September 28, 2016, at 11:51 AM by ?:
- WikiGuides . . . September 28, 2016, at 11:48 AM by ?:
- HomePage . . . September 14, 2016, at 05:44 AM by ?:
- ExcelNotes . . . September 09, 2016, at 09:52 AM by ?:
- WoodWorking . . . September 03, 2016, at 09:02 AM by ?:
- KeePassSync . . . July 15, 2016, at 09:45 AM by ?:
- ShoppingList . . . July 08, 2016, at 04:40 AM by ?:
- DiffingPDF . . . June 03, 2016, at 01:42 AM by ?:
- GoLangScripting . . . February 02, 2016, at 02:00 AM by Ragnar:
- ScriblePage . . . January 30, 2016, at 11:42 AM by ?:
- XargsGeek . . . January 29, 2016, at 05:03 AM by Ragnar:
- PerlScripting . . . January 19, 2016, at 02:49 AM by Ragnar:
- WikiScripting . . . January 15, 2016, at 02:48 AM by Ragnar:
- MyDrivers . . . January 14, 2016, at 04:10 AM by Ragnar:
- LogStash . . . January 13, 2016, at 03:46 AM by Ragnar:
- WikiLinuxWLANCard . . . January 04, 2016, at 09:56 AM by Ragnar:
- NIDS . . . December 29, 2015, at 07:24 AM by Ragnar:
- DevOps . . . December 29, 2015, at 06:59 AM by Ragnar:
- HelloLanguage . . . September 13, 2015, at 03:43 AM by ?:
- PythonScripting . . . September 12, 2015, at 05:59 AM by ?:
- RubyScripting . . . September 12, 2015, at 05:58 AM by ?:
- UserInputSanitise . . . May 27, 2015, at 03:29 AM by ?:
- CoatOfArms . . . May 03, 2015, at 10:54 AM by ?:
- WikiLinux . . . February 01, 2015, at 10:14 AM by ?:
- ForwardDNS . . . January 16, 2015, at 03:24 AM by ?:
- MapIP . . . January 15, 2015, at 07:30 AM by ?:
- WindowsDebug . . . January 09, 2015, at 10:00 AM by ?:
- WikiWindoze . . . January 09, 2015, at 08:47 AM by ?:
- GraphViz . . . January 09, 2015, at 05:54 AM by ?:
- WikiDevellopment . . . January 09, 2015, at 05:27 AM by ?:
- BrilKever . . . December 29, 2014, at 06:30 AM by ?:
- WikiSandbox . . . December 06, 2014, at 01:19 PM by ?:
- TestPage1 . . . November 22, 2014, at 02:26 PM by ?:
Note of interrest: this Wiki uses pmwiki-2.2.79.